- Kathmandu Declaration 2019, Document of International Conference on Protection of Rights of the Migrant Worker Link
- Speech delivered by Justice Anup Raj Sharma, Hon. Chairperson, National Human Rights Commission, Nepal in the inaugural session of the International Conference on Protection of Rights of the Migrant Workers Link
- Welcome Speech delivered by Justice Prakash Osti, Hon. Commissioner, National Human Rights Commission, Nepal in the inaugural session of the International Conference on Protection of Rights of the Migrant Workers 12 – 14 November 2019. Link
- View Inaugural Ceremony Photo Link
- View Session Photos of International Conference on Protection of Rights of the Migrant Workers #migrantworkersconf2019 Link
Migration is one of the important global phenomena. Diverse and multiple challenges have been witnessed in migration governance. The adoption of Global Compact for Safe, Orderly and Regular Migration (GCM) by the United Nations General Assembly on 19 December 2018 has provided a comprehensive policy framework for international migration governance and its improved management at the global, regional and national levels. The GCM provides a broad, cooperative and collaborative framework aiming to facilitate safe, regular, managed migration, while minimizing the incidence and adverse effects of irregular migration through international cooperation. It intends to reduce the risks and vulnerabilities migrants face at different stages of migration by respecting, protecting and fulfilling their human rights and providing them with care and assistance they deserve. Read More
- Assessing the major challenges and opportunities to protect the rights of the migrant workers in south-south migration, especially in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Suggesting measures to implement the broader objectives of the GCM through a cooperative framework.
- Strengthening the Inter-NHRIs cooperation with multi-stakeholder approach in respect to rights protection.
- Enhancing partnership and cooperation for more effective policy and measures with particular focus on fair and responsible recruitment and access to justice, including effective complaint procedure.
- Migration Governance and the Rights of Migrant Workers.
- Promoting Practice of Fair and Responsible Recruitment.
- Issues on Irregular Migration.
- Ensuring Access to Justice for Migrant Workers.
- Inter-NHRIs cooperation in protection and promotion of rights of the migrant worker.
Office Bearers of NHRC Nepal
Soaltee Crowne Plaza
Tahachal, Kathmandu, Nepal